So you’ve been thinking about getting a psychic reading? If you’ve never had a reading before then like most you’re probably a bit on the skeptical side while at the same time nervous about who and what will come through. There are a few things you can do to prepare for your first psychic reading and a few things you can expect!
I remember my first reading, it was a total dud. A waste of time, a waste of money, and she totally took advantage of me. (Read more about that here)
I decided, however, to give it another go a few years later.
The reason I chose to get another reading was that no matter how hard I tried to ignore it I kept feeling, hearing, and seeing things. I was having visitation dreams from deceased friends and in the dreams, they weren’t acting like themselves. It was a tough time in my life and I didn’t understand what was going on with me. I figured I would give it one last shot before I dismissed the whole concept completely.
The second time around was an entirely different experience. She mentioned my deceased friend, how he died, and that he needed my help crossing over. On top of that, one of the first things she said to me was “You’re not crazy, quit calling yourself crazy! The things you’re feeling and hearing, those are real…you’re just like me. You’re a medium.”
If you’re looking to get an intuitive reading make sure you know how to get the most of it!
Here are 10 ways to ensure you enjoy your next intuitive reading!
- Be open to what you are about to receive. Let go of all expectations. Show up with an open mind. Spirit is going to tell you what you NEED to hear, not what you want to hear. Any ethical and good psychic will tell you this.
- If you are coming to the reading to get guidance on specific situations, then ask! Like Lisa J. Smith says, there is a difference between a psychic that fishes for information and asking for guidance surrounding a specific situation. If spirit does not see this situation as most important it might not be brought up unless we ask them directly.
- We get it you’re nervous but try to relax. 10 times out of 10 the person reading you can feel this before they ever call you or come in contact with you for the reading. Remember you need to be as relaxed and as open as possible for us to clearly connect with you. I try to walk my nervous clients through a short grounding exercise if needed. You can try it yourself! Breathe in for the count of 4, hold for the count of 4, and release for the count of 6. Repeat 4 times!
- Each reader is different, has their own style, and connects differently. Try to keep this in mind. Mediums connect with spirits directly be it your higher self, your loved ones, or members of your spirit team. Tarot readers use cards to get their information. Akashic record readers tap into your records and pull their information from there. Because of this, you may receive different information for each person. This doesn’t mean one is right or one is wrong, just different. If you do have overlapping messages, however, pay very very very close attention to those. There is a reason spirit is bringing them up more than once!
- Only go to a reader that you feel aligned with. (I use the term reader to cover all bases mediums, psychics, card readers, angel readers, etc) Follow your own intuition with this. If it doesn’t feel right, if something feels off, or if you just plain ol’ don’t like the person’s vibe don’t work with them. In other words, do your research! Check out their website, their reviews, get to know them from behind the scenes.
- Remember, spirit speaks in metaphors, uses our own memories, and shows us things from our own lives to help to connect the dots for you. Before you dismiss the message because your grandmother’s kitchen didn’t look exactly like the medium described it, wait for the entire message to be delivered. That vision was likely a symbolism connecting you to your grandparents…just wait for it.
- Remember readings are not for entertainment they are meant for healing. They are meant to bring through guidance that you can take with you. To bring forth the things you’ve tried to bury and to heal anything that has been holding you back. Spirit doesn’t bring up these things to upset you they bring them up because your soul needs to deal with them, handle them, and heal them so that you can live your best life.
- Be patient. Sometimes when we are calling forward a spirit especially one that has recently departed it takes a few minutes to connect with them. We want to connect with them just as badly as you do and we take what we do very seriously.
- Record your session. You can record it yourself or your reader may have the option available as well. So much can be missed the first time around. It’s easy to focus on the “wow” moments and ignore the things that seemed less important. Those “minute” messages are just as important and may resonate with you at a different time.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy! This is your time with spirit. Though it may seem like just an hour it’s an incredibly impactful and healing moment in your life. Guidance is brought through that you didn’t even know you needed. Enjoy this time with your spirit team and with yourself.
Overall message? Relax, enjoy, and let go of expectations. Breath, be receptive, and listen to what spirit has to tell you!
If you’re interested in getting a mediumship reading you can set that up here! Each session is about an hour long. During our time together we will connect with your spirit team and loved ones in spirit to bring through the healing guidance that you most need to hear now!
Here is a colleagues article to followup with this one! 4 Things You Can Do After A Psychic Reading