If Sacrifice Weren’t The Truth, What Would You Allow Yourself To Receive?
I am back in the office and feeling really good, but that wasn’t the case just a few days ago. You see, I recently had a major surgery that was more painful than I could have ever imagined. I went into it knowing I was going to be uncomfortable, but I didn’t know that I would almost regret the whole thing. I had mentally prepared myself to feel a bit out of sorts, but I didn’t know how low I would feel. If you know me, you know I am a ‘get up at 5:00 a.m., do my morning routine, and hit the gym’ kind of person. I love what I do and I do what I love, but being halted in that with no choice otherwise has had me pretty down in the dumps.
I made quite a few sacrifices over the past month, but I still allowed myself to receive.
There is a lie we have been fed throughout life that if you want and receive one thing, you will have to sacrifice another. Whether you’re a business owner, a parent, or Nancy down the street, I can bet you $1,000 you have felt this way before.
These false beliefs and lies about sacrificing to receive often show up like this:
- “If you want this for Christmas, then you can’t have this” – Parents everywhere.
- If you buy the shirt, you can’t get the skirt.
- Once you pay that bill, you won’t have enough for the other bill. Which one do you choose to be late?
- Love or career? Which do you choose?
- Family or career?
- Doing what you love or making money?
- If you earn x amount, then something bad will happen!
- If you earn more than your partner, they will feel insecure.
- Making too much money, traveling often, or following your passion will leave you isolated because people will judge you.
- Tapping into your intuition means you’re a bad person. You were raised in the church – what will people think?
I know almost all of these feelings too well. Once, I had a boss (picture the movie The Devil Wears Prada… that was her) who told me, “You need to decide now if you want a career or if you want a husband. You need to figure out what is important to you because I’m telling you, you can’t have both.” She wanted me to pick career and continue to work 17-hour days for her.
At that moment, I decided that no, I didn’t have to choose. I could make money, have a healthy relationship, a home, dogs, kids, and whatever else I wanted. There was no rule that said I had to choose; that was HER STORY and I knew that long before I ever started doing this work.
Still, just like everyone else, I occasionally have fears come up about sacrificing and receiving. They are lies.
Every time I uplevel in business or do something for myself, for a split second, I think “Will this get taken away? Is something bad going to happen now?” Receiving does not equal sacrifice in any area of your life at any time.
I’ll say it louder: Receiving in any area of your life does not equal sacrifice at any time. It’s a big fat lie!
You can have your cake and eat it too. I’ll hand you the fork! I know this because I live this way and any time I have a fear come up that says otherwise, I do the work to shift. I was actually feeling into this today when I heard my mentor Amanda Frances say, “If Sacrifice Weren’t The Truth, What Would You Allow Yourself To Receive?” and I knew the universe was pushing me to get this out. Then, when I sat at my computer for the first time in 3 weeks, a bluebird flew right up to my window. (Btw here is my FAV course from my personal coach and mentor!)
Today’s sequence of events was this:
- Ego throwing a tantrum that I should be working and not resting, though my body needs it.
- Higher self coming in and saying “Girl, stop. You need rest. You also get to earn. You have constant content and service going out. It doesn’t have to be one thing or the other. It gets to be all the things. Practice what you preach.”
- Then, five minutes into listening to my mentor, I heard exactly what I needed to hear.
- I felt pulled to get this message out of my mind and off of my heart for whoever it gets to serve.
- Then I saw a bluebird as soon as I sat down.
- I felt my spirit soar in vibration.
- Unintentionally, I was productive and feeding my soul.
You see, even just writing this, I realize it doesn’t have to be one or the other. It doesn’t have to be healing or having a business. Rest can equal productivity if you don’t block yourself.
Receiving what you desire doesn’t mean you have to suffer in another area.
We get to design our lives, our careers, and our happiness. Spirit is here to support you and your higher self is here to support you. What do you allow yourself to receive?
So I leave you with this: If you could have anything you wanted, do anything, go anywhere, work with your dream coach, live your dream life, what would it be? How would it look? Who would be with you? What would you be doing? How would you be living your best life?
Do some AUTOMATIC WRITING on this and see what comes up for you! You have desires beneath the bullshit that you’ve been fed about what you can and cannot have. Allow them to surface, allow yourself to be abundant, be in love, and be happy all at the same time.
Work with me privately, and I will get you there. I’ll teach you how I’ve done it over and over and over again! I never even meant to have a business – just a blog – but because I allowed myself to be guided, my life was forever changed by taking inspired action and listening to spirit!